Training: Organisation of Courses and demonstrations for other surgeons
- Training course: laparoscopic gastric band (2006) King's
- Training course: laparoscopic gastric bands in the
Super-obese at King's College
- Trained other surgeons in the United Kingdom in laparoscopic gastric banding
- Live link demonstration of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric
bypass surgery at the President's Day for the Royal Society
of Medicine 2004
- Live link demonstration of Laparoscopic Gastric Banding at The International Medical Conference in Amman, Jordan, April 2006
- Live link demonstration of laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery at the International Live Laparoscopic Surgery Meeting, Dundee, May 2007
- Proctoring other surgeons for both laparoscopic gastric banding and laparoscopic Roux-en-Y gastric bypass
Publications: Obesity surgery related (last 2 years)
Williams IL, Chowienczyk PJ, Wheatcroft SB, Patel AG, Sherwood RA, Shah AM, Kearney MT.
Divergent effects of angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibition on blood pressure and endothelial function in obese humans.
Diabetes & Vascular Disease Research 2006 May; 3(1):34-8
Borg CM, le Roux CW, Ghatei MA, Bloom SR, Patel AG, Aylwin SJ
Progressive rise in gut hormone levels after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass suggests gut adaptation and explains altered satiety.
British Journal of Surgery 2006 Feb; 93(2):210-5
Le Roux CW, Aylwin SJ, Batterham RL, Borg CM, Coyle F, Prasad V, Shurey S, Ghatei MA, Patel AG, Bloom SR.
Gut hormone profiles following bariatric surgery favour an anorectic state, facilitate weight loss, and improve metabolic parameters.
Annals of Surgery 2006 Jan; 243(1):108-14
Williams IL, Chowienczyk PJ, Wheatcroft SB, Patel AG, Sherwood RA, Momin A, Shah AM, Kearney MT.
Endothelial function and weight loss in obese humans.
Obesity Surgery 2005 Aug; 15(7):1055-60
Ogden J, Clementi C, Aylwin S, Patel AG
Exploring the impact of obesity surgery on patients' health
status: a quantitative and qualitative study. Obesity
Surgery 2005 Feb; 15(2):266-72